A small beast with a powerful voice
Let’s be honest, you’re not here because you want the same old synth, are you?The MiniBrute 2 has nothing to hide. Take a look at its front panel, get yourself acquainted. You’ll notice the now-iconic Brute oscillators, the acidic Steiner-Parker filter, and the mayhem-inducing Brute Factor knob that has become the signature Arturia synth element for many fans. Looking a bit further, beyond the usual modulation sources and controls, you’ll notice some exciting, unexpected features: a second VCO; a second LFO; new VCO and Filter frequency modulation possibilities; modifier-related modulation destinations; a brand new, loopable AD envelope. Once tamed, this little beast will reveal the full range of its vocalizations, including raging leads and piercing sequences, as well as smooth pads and purring bass.
The time is nigh, the moon is full, and MiniBrute 2 is ready to howl.
A polymorph with a pack instinct
There are two ways that creatures thrive: adapting, and grouping together. MiniBrute 2 is a master of both.Thanks to its massive CV/Gate patch bay, you will be able to reinvent and restructure your MiniBrute 2 at any time. The synth is semi-modular, even with no patch leads connected, and each of its features has already been cleverly, inspiringly routed. If you want to start dissecting the sound and experimenting, you will find direct, 100% safe access to the MiniBrute 2’s genetic code on the right of its front panel.
No natural selection here. With MiniBrute 2, you set your own rules of sonic evolution.
From our heart to your hands
Designed by passionate synth enthusiasts to cater for the most intrepid, experimental musicians out there.The brainchild of Arturia’s daring product manager Seb Rochard, born on the foundations of synth guru Yves Usson’s unique approach to synthesis, MiniBrute 2 is truly an instrument by musicians for musicians. Every aspect of the synth, from its layout to the carefully chosen components, reflects their painstaking obsession to bring you the most adaptable, joyous analog synth around.
Once you take a look at MiniBrute 2’s layout and features, everything becomes clear.
Let’s take a closer look at what MiniBrute has to offer…
1. VCO 1Sawtooth, Pulse and Triangle waves with unique modifiers and direct FM control. Ultra Saw makes for huge sounds, Metalizer adds complex harmonics to the triangle wave. FM generates rich tones.
2. VCO 2Selectable waveform between sine, saw and square. Multiple tuning modes for fine, coarse or LFO operation.
3. Oscillator MixerAllows for mixing the levels of the individual waveforms of the oscillator 1 and 2, the noise generator and the external inputs.
4. Steiner-Parker Multimode FilterBeefy filter with Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, and Notch modes. Resonance can be pushed into self oscillation.
5. 4 Stage EnvelopeADSR Type Envelope generator.
6. Brute Factor™The Brute Factor™ can add subtle drive effects to full blown intermodulation havoc.
7. AD EnvelopeThis modulator can generate AD, AHR or loopable envelopes. Its Attack and Decay times are CV-controllable, too.
8. Patchbay48 CV inputs and outputs to control many elements of the synthesizer and sequencer. Some utility modules provide extended possibilities.
9. Two LFOsBoth LFO supply 6 waveforms and can run in sync to the Sequencer. Very fast rates can be obtained.
10. Sequencer/ArpeggiatorFlexible sequencer or arpeggiator allows for instant melodic phrases. Syncs to MIDI clock over USB and MIDI In to play in sync with your favorite DAW.
11. Performance ControlsMod Wheel & Aftertouch destinations and Pitch Bend amounts can all be set.
12. Keyboard with Aftertouch25 note velocity-sensitive keyboard with aftertouch. Octave buttons allow transposition of up to 5 octaves.
13. Audio In/OutLine and headphones outputs.
14. MIDI In/OutConnect and sync MiniBrute to any DAW or hardware MIDI equipment.
15. USB In/OutControl MiniBrute from your DAW or use it as a master keyboard
It will learn through play
With a creative approach, MiniBrute 2 will be able to master any trick you can imagine.Maybe you’ll want to enjoy MiniBrute 2 as the musician’s best friend it is; enjoying its devoted attention, safe in the privacy of your studio, and at the center of your creative setup. Maybe you’ll want to share its awesome tricks and sonic prowess on stage, with an audience. Whatever you have planned for this incredible synthesizer, it won’t let you down.
One thing’s for certain: once you get your hands on this beast, you’ll never want to take them off.
Part of a living, breathing Ecosystem
MiniBrute 2 is at its boldest, most instinctive best when it exists as part of a full, creative environment. The team at Arturia have created a vibrant world for it to inhabit.Whether you think the MiniBrute 2 is impressive or intimidating, we have created a world of useful tools and accompaniments to help you build the best relationship possible with our organic, vital synth. In addition to its clear, streamlined architecture, we also created a preset “Cook Book” for you to discover its abilities at your own pace. When you’re ready to experiment, you’ll find we’ve provided you with a set of patch cables so you can start reworking its sound and networking with other modules in your creative setup.
The story of the MiniBrute 2 species starts here. How far it goes, and where it will take you is all up to you.
- MiniBrute 2 unit
- Power cord
- 8 patch cables
- a “Cook Book” jam-packed full of superb sonic recipes for you to try out, put together by some of the most illustrious synth-chefs around.
Размер и Тегло
- Instrument size : 19 x 13.2 x 2.3 inches (484 x 336 x 58mm)
- Instrument weight : 10.6 lbs. (4.8 Kg)
- Analog Synthesizer
- 2 Analog VCO’s:
- VCO1 : Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer. (Waveform mixing)
- VCO2 : Sine, Saw, Square waveforms (three tuning ranges).
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync, VCO1 linear and exponential FM
- White Noise Generator
- External Audio In
- Steiner Parker filter (12dB per octave): Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch modes.
- 2 LFO’s with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- 1 ADSR envelope
- 1 AD envelope
- Trig, Gate modes
- One shot or Loop
- Attack and Decay times CV controllable
- 48-point CV and Gate patchbay
- Inputs and Outputs for the voice and sequencer
- Utility modules: inverter, attenuators, VCA
- 25-key velocity and pressure sensitive keyboard
- Arpeggiator types : Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode:
- 8 step-sequences with Rest, Tie and Legato note entry
- Each sequence can have up to 64 steps
- MIDI and USB I/O